Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Vietnam War Reminents Museum


"Caprtured" American Chinook. More like abandoned
Today Jae and I walked down to the War Remnents museum. It was interesting even for an American, though the anti-American agenda started to get to me. Jae called me a typical American, but had to admit that some parts were a little strong.

In the gift shop, I was un-pleasantly supprised to find dog tags and military insignia from American GIs, that were supposedly taken off their dead bodies. We couldn't really believe they lasted so long, but were assured that that's where they were from. I don't know what kind of person would buy them, but luckily I didn't see anyone do so.

For $1, you can own your very own ID tags from a dead American




On a happier note, I was able to see alot of Hochi Minh as we walked around allot. I came to the conclusion that there must be a million scooters here. More than Thailand even. Here are some pics from around the city.




 

1 comment:

  1. The war there was very ugly for that country. I can understand their sentiments toward America a little I guess. Too sad that they have those dog tags and not the families of the soldiers though. Cool pictures from there though - well except for the snakes! :)

    ReplyDelete