Saturday, January 22, 2011

Good bye Monkey Bay




trying to catch the eagle catching the fish on camera is hard

After only 4 days (or was it 5?) in Monkey Bay, I got the travel bug again. I woke up this morning and said, screw it, I want to go north. I guess I got my fill of the beer, beaches and broads (i mean ladies). It just so happens that the ferry was in town, and leaving in an hour. So I threw my junk into my bag, paid my bill, and hurried down to the docks. First class all the way to Nkata, a three day ride, was only $80, so I took it. You think I would of learned the difference between American first class and African. My visions of sipping wine on the deck and a cushy bed at night dissipated away as I got to the first class deck and it was nothing but just that.. a wooden deck with park benches along the sides, and a bar that over charges for drinks. At night they rent out mattresses for a price, and everyone just sleeps where ever. During the day everyone huddles together on the benches that are under the tarp awning, to try and get out of the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment